Administrative Withdrawal Process
It is always KSU's goal that students guide their own educational process, and when difficulties arise along the way we are here to help. When students experience an emergency situation that impedes on their ability to successfully remain enrolled at KSU, an Administrative Emergency Withdrawal can help students focus on healing without harming their academic record.
We recommend that students speak with the following offices, if applicable, to determine what impact withdrawing from classes may have on their individual situation:
- Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636)
- Housing and Residence Life: email@example.com, or Talon One Service Center direct contact page here
- Dining/ Meal Plan: University Dining Contact Form
Additional considerations when making the decision to complete an Administrative Emergency Withdrawal:
- Student Health Insurance Plans
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- International Students should contact International Student and Scholar Services for assistance
- Student’s receiving Military and Veteran Education Benefits should contact the Registrar’s Office for questions at 470-578-4636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the below flowchart to determine if an administrative emergency withdraw is best for the situation:Flowchart
Students are encouraged to submit requests immediately after the need arises for an Administrative Emergency Withdrawal to ensure we have received all the documentation needed to best support the request. It is highly recommended that students self-withdraw online through Owl Express prior to the deadline to withdraw without penalty. Directions to self-withdraw from class can be found on the Registrar’s website. If a request
cannot be approved, or is submitted after the submission deadline, another option is to submit an Academic Standing Appeal through the Registrar's office.