General Registration for CCSE Students

We're committed to helping you navigate your first steps at Kennesaw State by answering registration concerns with ease. Even if you're a new student or a returning one, we provide essential registration information, ensuring you're equipped to plan your academic path seamlessly. Discover key account hold information, course selection and exam guides and resources to help you make the most of your educational experience.

Make Your Appointment Quick and Easy

Advising Hold

If you are in your first semester at KSU, an advising hold is placed on your account to check in with you and see how the semester is going as well as plan for one or two future semesters. If you're in a CCSE major but you're planning to change majors to something other than Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Game Design & Development and Software Engineering, you should talk to the advising office that is for the new major. 

If you're already a CCSE major (and you plan to stay in one of the CCSE majors), or you're not a CCSE major but considering switching to one, you should schedule an appointment to talk with one of the CCSE Advisors.

Hold Types

Advisors cannot resolve any holds except the "Advising Hold". Please check with the below information for where to go for other holds you might have to take care of them as quickly as possible. Coming to the advising office or e-mailing your advisor for, for instance, a Bursar hold will delay the process. Advisors cannot see what the hold is for and cannot direct you beyond the general office.

Registration holds require students to take certain actions prior to registration for the next semester. Registration holds will stop you from registering for courses, so it's recommended you check for and resolve holds prior to registration beginning.

You should contact the office that placed the hold on you to resolve it. Numbers you may call to resolve the holds can be found by clicking the + signs.

  • This "hold" does not impact any function and is merely a flag set by the Registrar to denote students that had been imported from the Southern Polytechnic State University systems. No action needs to be taken and no restriction is placed because of this hold.
  • Kennesaw (470) 578-6013
    Marietta (678) 915-7216
  • You should see your academic advisor to help remove this hold.
  • Kennesaw (770) 423-6300
    Marietta (678) 915-7281
  • Kennesaw (470) 578-6284
  • Kennesaw (470) 578-6310
  • Registrar's Office

    Kennesaw 770) 423-6200
    Marietta (678) 915-4200

  • Kennesaw (770) 499-3197
  • Kennesaw (770) 423-6074
    Marietta (678) 915-7260
  • Kennesaw (770) 423-6644
  • Registrar's Office

    Kennesaw 770) 423-6200
    Marietta (678) 915-4200

  • Kennesaw (470) 578-3403
  • Kennesaw (470) 578-6202
  • Kennesaw (470) 578-6506
  • Kennesaw 770) 423-6200
    Marietta (678) 915-4200


registrar holds

Test Credit


  • Policies

    Allowing students to attempt an advanced standing exam is at the discretion of the department offering the exam. Students who have previously attempted CSE 1321, CSE 1321L, CSE 1322 or CSE 1322L and passed (with a C or D grade) may not be permitted to attempt an Advanced Standing Exam.

    Enrollment Services policy
    Authorization will not be given for a course under any of the following circumstances.
    A. If the course has been previously audited. (you have a 'V' grade)
    B. If the course has been previously scheduled and failed.
    C. If the course has been previously scheduled, but the student has withdrawn after two calendar weeks from the day the semester begins.
    D. If the student is currently enrolled in the course.
    E. If the course is an introduction to a course for which the student is currently enrolled. (This provision does not apply to skill courses such as Physical Education or Music, for example).
    3. Credit earned by the Institutional Advanced Standing examination may neither be used to satisfy Residency requirements nor used to satisfy more than one-half of the major field or minor field requirements in a program of study.
    4. A non-refundable fee will be assessed for each Institutional Advanced Standing examination attempted; no course may be attempted more than once.
    5. A student must be admitted to Kennesaw State University at the time of the application for Advanced Standing examination, and must be enrolled in the university to receive credit for a course by Advanced Standing examination.
    6. If a student transfers to another university, it is the decision of that institution whether or not the examination credit will transfer.


    1. The student will go to Owl Express, click on the 'Student Services' tab, and click on 'Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) Request Form.' 
    2. Choose the class(es) you want to test out of (CSE1321, CSE1321L, CSE1322, CSE1322L).  
    3. An email is generated to the CCSE First Year Experience Coordinator.
    4. A fee is automatically assessed to the student ($60/exam).  
    5. Student organizes a time to take the test with the CCSE First Year Experience Coordinator.
    6. The CCSE First Year Experience Coordinator grades the test and submits the grade.
  • Check out the Testing website's page for the steps you need to take to get CLEP credit for one or more general education courses.

    Don't forget about the free, online, self-paced test prep website - which might provide a voucher to cover the cost!