To graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree, prospective students must apply for and be accepted to the Coles College of Business.
- Declare a Business Major
- Complete BUSA 2150 with a grade of “S”
- Complete the following 7 courses with a GPA of 3.00 or higher, including a grade of
C or better in each course (an equal number of Cs and As earned):
- ACCT 2101 Principles of Accounting I (ACCT 2100)
- ACCT 2102 Principles of Accounting II (ACCT 2200)
- ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics (ECON 2200)
- ECON 2106 Principles of Microeconomics (ECON 2100)
- ECON 2300 Business Statistics
- IS 2200 Information Systems & Communication
- BLAW 2200 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- Complete at least 45 credit hours
- If applicable, meet the Coles College Policy for CLEP and AP Test Score requirement(s)
When to Apply
Generally, students apply to Coles during or following their sophomore year at KSU. Students must have a minimum of 45 credit hours to apply, in addition to meeting the Admission GPA requirements. Students must wait to apply until all Coles admission courses have been completed and grades are showing in DegreeWorks (usually the day after grades are due for the term).
Where to Apply
Students apply to Coles College through Owl Express. If they are unable to submit the online application, they must complete a paper application (this is rare).