Grants are financial awards that do not need to be repaid and typically come from state or federal sources. They are usually based on financial need.

Federal Pell Grant

  • Federally funded to students with exceptional need.
  • Must be an undergraduate student without a previous bachelor's degree.
  • Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Have a complete financial aid file.
  • May be eligible if attending less than half-time (i.e. 5 hours or less).
  • Eligibility is limited to 12 full time semesters.

Pell Grant amounts are determined by the EFC, as determined by the US Department of Education after filing the FAFSA, and based on enrollment status. See the Pell Grant Payment Chart below to view all possible Pell award amounts based on your academic year, EFC and enrollment status.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

  • Federally funded to students with exceptional need.
  • Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Must have a complete file by priority application date of January 15th.
  • Award ranges from $200 - $1000 per academic year.
  • Funds are extremely limited each year.
  • Must be an undergraduate student without a previous bachelor's degree.
  • Priority is given to students also receiving the Pell Grant.

Federal TEACH Grant

  • Eligible students must be admitted to the Bagwell College of Education.
  • Students must have Junior or Senior status or be enrolled in a graduate degree program in education.
  • Students must have a 3.25 cumulative grade-point average.
  • Students should be preparing for teacher certification in a critical-need field.
  • Students should expect to commit to teaching in a low-income school for a minimum of 4 years within the first 8 years of graduating.
  • Failure to complete the full teaching requirement reverts the TEACH Grant to an Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.
  • The maximum annual award is $4,000. The annual amount is subject to change based on federal sequestration.
Program Flyer TEACH Grant Agreement Form

Return Of Title IV Funds

If you completely withdraw from your courses in any semester, you may be required to follow certain provisions regarding your financial aid. You should familiarize yourself with Kennesaw State University's - Return of Title IV Funds. Our experienced Financial Aid counselors are available to help you with any questions you may have.

contact us