How to Apply for Student Financial Aid
Kennesaw State students use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for financial aid. Your FAFSA application for the upcoming school year should be completed by March 1.
- The FAFSA is used for state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list KSU’s school code on your FAFSA, 001577.
- KSU's Priority Deadline for FAFSA completion is March 1.
- Students who used federal aid for the previous academic year are subject to a registration hold if their FAFSA is not received by March 1st for the next academic year. For instance, if you received federal aid for the 21/22 academic year, your FAFSA must be on file by March 1st, 2022.
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for financial aid. For more information, view the FAFSA Overview and How to Fill Out the FAFSA videos provided by US Department of Education office of Federal Student Aid.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information to your FAFSA. If you didn't use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and use the tool to update your info..