MSIT Advising

If you have any questions regarding the MSIT program and/or IT graduate certificates, Please read the following information first.

If you have further questions, please book an appointment with Dr. Shirley Tian.

This page will be updated frequently. Please bookmark this page.

Course registration:

  • You can find IT course schedules and forecast here. To register courses, please refer to your course plan and degree works to check what courses are needed.
  • To find offered courses and CRNs: please find the list of courses on OwlExpress or use this link.
  • For course substitution, please email to Dr. Shirley Tian ( and Ms. Melinda Ross Final decision will be made by the Office of Registrar.
  • Want to take more than 12 credit hours in one semeter? Please fill out this overload request form and send it to Dr. Shirley Tian (
  • Getting a prerequisite and test score error?  The easiest way to do this is to click on the course number on DegreeWorks. A little pop-up window will come up with information about the class.
    If you need to register the course with the prerequsite, you can submit the course override request here.
  • If the course is full, you can add yourself to the waitlist. Please see the instructions. Do not wait till the last minutes to register courses. **Please be patient when you are in the waitlist, If you still couldn't register the courses in the first week of the semester, please send an email to Dr. Shirley Tian (

New students:

  • If you are a new student and would like to test out the foundation courses. Please schedule your tests here before the program starts. You will find the deadline for the test on the decision letter.
  • No foundation course waivers for working experiences. The option is to test out the foundation courses. Schedule your tests as early as you can.
  • Please use this course plan template (Excel) to plan your courses.
  • Please use this two-year study plan (Word) and keep it as your record. 

Embeded graduation certificate:

  • As a MSIT student, you are elegible to receive the embeded graduate certification in Data Analytics and Intelligent, Healthcare Information Technology, IT security or Enterprise IT. You can find more information on this webpage.
  • You must declare the graduate certificate as early as possible. It will be added to the degree works once the form is processed.

Question about internship?

  • Congratulations if you receive an internship offer. For international students (who holds F-1 Visa), you are required to take CSE 7983 Graduate Internship to apply for CPT through ISSSO.
  • Please contact CCSE Internship Coordinator on this webpage.

Degree Progress and Petition Graduation

  • Check your degree progress on degreeworks.
  • Graduation Requirements  (KSU Graduate Academic Policies 5.1)
    To be eligible to receive a graduate degree, a student must meet the following requirements: 

    Students must meet the Residency Requirement of at least 75% of the total semester hours required for the degree within their graduate program being completed through instruction offered by Kennesaw State. 

    Degree candidates must have earned an institutional grade point average of 3.0 calculated on all graduate courses attempted at KSU.

    Degree candidates must have earned a grade of “C” or better in each course presented to meet degree requirements. 

    Students must complete all program requirements, including any comprehensive exams, thesis work, or dissertation work. Please see specific graduate program sections of the catalog for additional information on program requirements. 

    Students must satisfactorily complete any grade of I (Incomplete), IP (In Progress), or NR (Not Reported) grades
    In all instances, meeting the requirements for graduation is the responsibility of the student.

  • To petition graduation for MSIT, please find the instructions here.
  • To declare the embedded graduate certificate, please fill out the form and read the instructions on this page.
  • If you complete all the requried courses in graduate certificate or MSIT, please petition graudation here. There will a fee to petition graduation and receive your doploma. The dipolma will not be automatically issued to you. Please petition graduation first and must complete this step by the deadline for each semester.

Change your major?

If you haven't started the program and want to change to another program, please contact graduate admission directly (

If you want to Change your major in CCSE, please contact Ms. Melinda Ross (

Other questions?

Please read the FAQ.