College of Computing and Software Engineering (CCSE) is pleased to offer financial assistance to our graduate students which includes Out of State Tuition Waiver and Graduate Assistantship: Graduate Research Assistant (GRA), Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA). Please follow the instructions below to apply for those positions. Do Not email your resume or send unsolicited messages to individual faculty or administrators. Repeated violators may be directly disqualified from financial assistance programs.
Questions about the financial assistance programs and application process can directed to Director of Graduate Student Support, Melinda Ross below.email visit financial aid
Graduate Assistanatship Eligibility & Information
Graduate Assistantship Positions & Application
Note: 1) Fall 22 - 97 CCSE master students are on GRA/GTA. 17 of those positions are outside of CCSE. 2) Spring 23 - 149 master student on GRA/GTA. 12 positions are outside of CCSE.
NEW Fall 23 GRA positions posted as July 13th! Applicants should check frequently for new positions. GTA positions will be posted in late July. Please check this page daily.
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply.
- Download the Excel file which contains GA positions. Browse through the open positions and apply for the ones you qualify for using the application links in the Excel file. Fa 23/Sp 24 GRA Positions
- Faculty who owns the GA positions will review applications and invite selected applicants for interviews. Please Do Not send unsolicited emails to faculty and administrators for GRA positions.
- A student may also seek GA positions outside of CCSE.
- If you are selected for a GA position, work with your faculty advisor on the hiring procedure.
Tips for Applying for Graduate Assistantship
- Research the faculty research profile from college website and read the position requirement to make sure that you are a good fit.
- Talk to the faculty (before/after class or make an appointment) about their research.
- Attend faculty' research seminar (many department reguarly host faculty research seminar) or other research oriented events on campus.
- Volunteer to work with faculty on research project.
- Work with your program coordinator or director of graduate student support, Ms. Melinda Ross. Computing skills are highly sought by faculty outside of CCSE. There are GRA/GTA opportunities outside of CCSE.
Other Job Opportunities