Marietta Live-On Requirement

  • The Marietta live-on requirement applies to traditional, full-time, or first-year students who are enrolling in a major that is based on the Marietta campus. They are typically under the age of 21, recently graduated from high school and are registered to take a full load of classes (12 credit hours or more).

    This live-on requirement is in effect until Housing and Residence Life no longer has space to accommodate incoming first-year students on the Marietta campus. There is limited housing availability, so you are encouraged to apply early. The live-on requirement does not guarantee first-year students housing.

    Individuals may fill out the Exemption Request Form along with valid supporting documentation if they meet any of the following requirements before the first day of classes:

    • Student is residing in the home of a parent or legal guardian. Student is required to provide parent or legal guardian endorsement and address
    • Student is already or will be 21 by the first day of the academic year
    • Student is married and/or has dependent children. Students must provide proof of marriage and/or dependent children via marriage and/or birth certificates
    • Student is actively serving in the Armed Forces
    • Student is transferring from another accredited institution with 30 or more credit hours (no exemption request form is needed)
      • AP and/or dual enrollment credits accumulated in high school are considered on a case-by-case basis
  • Students who wish to request an for exemption for the upcoming Academic Year and Summer semesters, please fill out the Exemption Request Form.
  • Requests for exemption to the first year live-on requirement based on compelling individual circumstances outside of the exemptions listed above will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Living On Campus

  • Unfortunately, effective for Fall 2021, Georgia Highlands students are no longer eligible to live on campus at Kennesaw State University.
  • Yes, you are eligible to live on campus as a Dual Enrolled student. Reach out to the Dual Enrollment Program staff for additional information.
  • Yes! We do have some summer housing options available for students wishing to remain on campus during the summer months (May, June, and July).
  • You will need to complete a Room Change Request Form if you wish to change rooms. 

    We do not accept Room Change Request Forms until after the first two weeks of each semester. If you need immediate assistance in your current living situation, please contact your Resident Assistant or visit the Housing Office.

    Also, please understand we cannot guarantee you a room in the same community you are currently assigned to. We will do our best to accommodate your request.

  • You may bring any size television you wish, but please note that you are not allowed to mount the television to the wall in your unit.
  • Yes, you may bring a personal mini fridge to have in your bedroom. It cannot be more than 4-cubic feet in size.
  • You can use the measuring tool on our virtual tours to find dimensions of the floor plan that matches your unit. We have virtual tours online for all the floor plans within our residential communities. When you open the virtual tour, click the ruler for “Measurement Mode,” and it will show you dimensions of the space.
  • You can find the packing list and more pre-arrival information on our Move-In page.

Housing Payments

  • Please visit our Documents and Payments page to view information on making a housing payment.
  • All housing fees are due at the University’s payment deadline. You can find these on our academic calendars for each semester.
  • Yes, payment plan options are available through the Bursar’s Office which can be found here.


  • Yes, we have limited on-campus housing available, so if you cancel and then change your mind, you will need to start the process over and will be assigned a new time ticket for Room Selection based on when you complete the Housing Application. You must pay the $200 non-refundable Application Initiation Fee again.

Moving Out

  • The Housing License Agreement specifies the Agreement Period. This period is different depending on the community you live in. Check your Housing License Agreement to see if you have a 10- or 12-month contract.

Campus Resources

  • Yes, all residential students will automatically be assessed a Meal Plan as part of their housing package. Your Meal Plan assessment is based on your earned credit hours. Please check the University Dining website for more specific information.
  • Kennesaw Campus

    Full Name
    Campus Mailbox Number
    1000 Chastain Road
    Kennesaw, GA 30144

    Marietta Campus

    Full Name
    Campus Mailbox Number
    1100 South Marietta Parkway
    Marietta, GA 30060

    To find your Campus Mailbox Number, log in to the Housing Portal and select the "Personal Info" tab in the top gold menu bar.