Ready to go behind the scenes and learn how student leaders find their wings?
Resident Assistants (RAs) develop leadership skills while creating a safe, fun and vibrant community for their residents. The RA role is a gateway to campus engagement and meaningful connections with other students. Come backstage to see how our RAs help support our residents and campus community.
An RA’s primary responsibility is cultivating one-on-one relationships with 15 – 70 residents, enriching their campus living experience with valuable insights. Our RAs also encourage campus involvement by crafting and supporting hall programs, major events and university initiatives. RAs contribute to resident safety and a secure campus by promptly reporting issues and managing minor incidents.
- Attend an information session (dates and times listed below)
- Full-Time Enrollment: RAs must be registered as full-time KSU students with a course load of at least 12 credit hours (undergraduate) or 9 credit hours (graduate) for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 and must have completed at least one semester at KSU by the start date.
- GPA: Must maintain a 2.5 KSU cumulative and term GPA at the time of appointment and throughout
the term of employment.
Student Conduct: Must be in good conduct standing at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Criminal Background Screening: RAs will be subject to a criminal background screening conducted by KSU’s Human Resources, which they must complete successfully.
- Housing Commitment: RAs are required to sign a housing contract and pay the housing activity fee to reside on campus, ensuring their availability throughout the academic year and breaks for RA responsibilities.