All residential students have access to the residential WiFi network, MyResNet. This network allows students to use up to seven devices at one time without seeing a decrease in internet speeds.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your WiFi
- Bringing a TV to campus? Purchase an Apple TV, Roku, or Amazon Fire Stick to make streaming digital content as easy as possible. We recommend using devices that come with a remote control included since the new WiFi network does not allow wireless devices to operate in sync.
- Leave ethernet cords and routers at home since you will not need them.
- Leave coax cable cords at home since you will also not need them. Based on feedback received from residential students, cable was an amenity not regularly used since students choose to use their own streaming accounts (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.). As such, cable is no longer provided as an amenity.
How to Connect to MyResNet
Choose the network named "MyResNet" (for 5Ghz devices) OR "MyResNet Legacy" (for 2.4Ghz devices)
- Open any browser - You will be re-directed to the MyResNet home page.
- Select "Click here to continue."
- At the bottom of the page, copy and paste "MAC address" into a word document to save for later.
- Click "Create an account."
- Create an account with a password and email address you regularly check for password recovery purposes. Using your KSU netID and password is recommended.
- Select "Add devices."
- Select your device and input the saved mac address. You are required to do this for all your devices.
- Restart device to begin accessing WiFi.
Apogee provides 24/7 internet connectivity support.
Call: (833) 548-2901
Text: “ResNet” to 84700