Preferred Name Change

With the growing diversity of our campus, many students use names other than their given name for a variety of personal or cultural reasons. To better serve you, we have created the option to add a Preferred First Name to several of the University applications that you use.

You can submit the Preferred Name Change Form through Owl Express.  This online form is located under the Student Records tab.

  • Legal names will be required for students enrolled in eCore courses.
  • Student names must match the name issued on state identifications in order to sit for proctored exams.
  • Preferred names will not be used in cases where legal name is required, including but not limited to, financial aid documents, official transcripts, diplomas, payroll records, and federal immigration documents.
  • In addition to systems where legal name is not required, the Preferred First Name will be added to the Class Roster, Student Advising Guide, and Degreeworks.

Address Changes

If you are a current student, you can update your address information in Owl Express under the Student Records tab.

Owl Express

If you are a former student, you can update your address information by completing the Address, Phone and Email Change Form.  

Address, Phone and Email Change Form

Changes to Other Personal Information

  • Name, Gender and Social Security Change Form
    • This form should be used if you need to make changes to your name(s), gender, or Social Security Number as listed on your academic records. Documentation may be required to complete the requested change.
  • Release of Directory Information
    • Kennesaw State University has established categories of information known as "Directory Information" and may release this information without student consent, upon request. Under the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) you have the right to withhold the disclosure of the categories of "Directory Information”.  Complete this form if you do not want KSU to disclose all the types of information designated as directory information from your education record to third parties. More information on Directory Information and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) can be found on KSU’s FERPA website.