To ensure a smooth and efficient checkout, please follow the steps below. Please remember
to protect your property. Avoid leaving possessions unattended or in the hallways
while you are in transit. Also, remove any bikes from the outside bike racks before
Step 1: Remove your personal belongings from your room.
- Close and lock all windows and lower blinds.
- Set the A/C to cool at 72 degrees.
- Remove all personal belongings from your room. Any belongings left behind in your
room will be thrown away and you will be billed a fee for removing the items, in addition
to an improper checkout fee.
- Remove all items from the doors.
- Make sure all furniture is in its original location (i.e., return desk chair to the
desk in your bedroom).
Step 2: Clean your room and common spaces and take out the trash.
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Wiping down surface
- Special attention should be given to all surfaces, including beds, mattresses, desktops,
shelves, drawers, closets, floors, windows, windowsills, common spaces, etc.
- You will be billed for any loss of furniture and for damages that have occurred since
you moved in (not due to normal wear/tear) along with any cleaning that is needed.
- Make sure you clean out your fridge and freezer and throw away unwanted food.
- Drop your trash in the nearest dumpster/compactor before you leave.
- If you do not clean your room and remove trash before moving out, you will receive
additional cleaning and damage fees.
Step 3: Check out at your Housing Office.
- If you are not ready to check out by your selected Move-Out time, you will receive
a $100 improper checkout fee.
- Once all of your items have been removed and you have cleaned your unit, please visit
your housing office during your selected Move-Out time to complete the checkout process and return your bedroom key, if applicable. If you
do not have a bedroom key, you will still need to come to the housing office to complete the checkout process. Failure to return your bedroom key will result
in a $75 replacement key fee.
- Failure to adhere to the check-out instructions will result in improper checkout fees.
Moving Out FAQs
Can I move out when I am done with classes?
|The Housing License Agreement specifies the Agreement Period. This period is different
depending on the community you live in. Check your Housing License Agreement to see
if you have a 10-month or 12-month contract.
Can I move out before May 2?
|Yes, if you would like to move out before May 2, please go to your community’s housing office to check out and return your key, if applicable.
If I am in a 12-month contract, can I move out early?
|Yes, students who have a 12-month contract can move out after May 9. To do so, fill
out the Summer 2023 License Agreement Cancellation form 48 hours before your desired date to move out. When all your items have been removed and you cleaned your unit, please stop by your community’s housing office to complete the checkout process and return your bedroom key, if applicable.